Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Finally Oliver has met people from MY side of the family – my aunt and uncle came down from Derbyshire on Monday, and hopefully on Saturday we’re going to go and see my grandmother for a short visit. The only problem with the visit on Monday is that they were here until late – very late – and so sort of threw off my schedule as I should have been asleep already. I didn’t get much sleep that night, if any, so thankfully Mark tried to help out last night and let me get some rest.

We just got back from a brief visit to his mum’s but most importantly I actually drove there. I wanted to drive to the GP surgery so that I might feel confident enough to drive there on my own with Oliver and go the baby clinic/mum’s group that the health visitors run there. I also needed to go to the post office, but we found it closed. His mum told us that they’ve been robbed and a woman had a knife held to her throat! So much for this quiet rural life…

The health visitor weighed Oliver this morning and he’s gone up to 7lb 9oz which is great – he’s catching up to his centile line too. In normal speak, there is a weight chart provided in his health notes, and there is a line that he’s meant to be following if he develops normally. He started low, on the 9th percentile, lost weight after birth, as they do, but he’s meant to stay following that line as he gains weight.

His thyroid test and bilirubin levels are better but still aren’t right, but we aren’t really worried as he’s not showing any signs of not being well. We have to go back in 2 weeks for more tests.

One Response to “”

  1. Lisa Says:

    I am so behind on my blog reading! Sorry, this is really a comment for one of your earlier posts but hopefully it’ll still be applicable…

    Never ever feel bad for formula feeding. I know where you’re coming from (I cried for a day the first time I gave Jack formula), but you know what’s best for you and your baby. Mixed feeding is excellent and he will still get all the benefits of breast milk.

    The only regret I have is that I wish I kept up the breastfeeing a bit longer. By the time it was feeling a lot more natural and pain-free, my milk had almost dried up (I added several more bottle feeds to Jack’s day by that point). From my experience, it took a good three months to get to this point.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: