- I bought a toque/tuque today for Toque Tuesday (charity – buy a hat, money goes to combat homelessness), which I haven’t done for a number of years since I’ve been out of the country, but I think in those years they have shrunk the size of the toques. Or my head has grown even bigger. It like barely fits. I don’t remember it being an issue before, particularly since I wore the last one I had for ages.
- Mark’s commute is not as bad as we thought it would be, or he was just lucky yesterday. And he has EXCELLENT benefits. So I have a good pension and he has really good benefits – well done us.
- He’s leasing a Volkswagen Touareg, but hasn’t got it yet, so they lent him a Jetta, which he is enjoying. I think he misses having a zippy car. But we need to worry about the condition of the winter roads, and transporting Oliver and Piper. So we’ve gone for more practical options rather than fun ones.
- I treated myself to some Burt’s Bees lip shimmer. It’s good.
- After what seemed an enormous amount of effort to get my UK mobile phone working here (…I ordered an unlocking code on ebay.co.uk, figured out how to change the band as it’s a tri-band phone, I ordered a Rogers sim card on ebay.ca, Mark changed the plug on a UK extension lead so I could charge it up as it’s dual voltage, and then I managed to register the phone with Rogers and get a phone number…) – they gave Mark a phone at work yesterday. So we now have 3 between us. Annoying. They are catching up to UK mobile phone usage here in Canada, like the phones are mostly the same models now, and they have GSM now (using sim cards), and people use them a lot more than they used to. But people don’t seem to text as much, and the worst thing of all is that pay as you go is not really pay as you go, it’s pay once a month or your credit is gone. Stupid.