Things you need to know about me and my blog —
- Hi! I’m Emma! Nice to meet you! Make yourself at home!
- I had this blog before I had kids (I know! Weird!!). Anyway, that means I don’t have MOMMY/MUMMY in my blog title or in my twitter name. And I don’t really call myself a ‘mom blogger’. This is my little journal. I’m here, I’ve been blogging since 2004 and online in other forms before that, because I like to write. I need an outlet for myself, and right now, this is my place.
- I do, however, have kids and I am a mother. So I will inevitably end up talking about those shit disturbers angelic 2 little boys I have (Oliver, born December 2005; Callum, born November 2007).
- I don’t talk much about my own family (unless it’s unicorns and light, as they are reading this) or my job (because I do love my work so much, no REALLY, and I don’t want to lose it ever).
- I started blogging in 2004, inspired by friends with their own blogs, and as a way to update friends and family on life as I had moved to London, England from my home in Canada. (I started here). I lived in the UK for almost 5 years, but now I am back in Canada (since late 2006), living and working north of Toronto.
- I don’t run ads. I have a full time job outside the house – I will leave it to other people to go forth and make money from their own similar ventures. I am happy for them. This is just my little space.
- I don’t mind doing a product review because I like free stuff and I am a mom who is always having to dish out my hard earned cash on my children. I will, however, write an honest review. And I’ll do a giveaway if you want. But I’ll warn you now, PR people, I don’t have a million page hits a day. Try, like, 35 on average. Okay, 45 – it’s gone up recently! And there’s no thousand on the end of that.
- I’m not here to increase my page hits or my Google rank (I say that like I know what the hell it is, ha!). I don’t do search engine optimization. I’ve just always had the inclination to write (I’m not even claiming that it’s well-written – it’s just written). Stay and read if you like.